Apple Snack Sandwiches
Apples, Sunbelt Bakery® Oats & Honey Chewy Granola Bars and your nut butter of choice is combined to create this easy and fun recipe. Great as an afternoon snack for kids or as a mid-day protein boost, anyone is sure to enjoy the sweet surprise of each apple sandwich!
5 bars Sunbelt Bakery® Oats & Honey Chewy Granola Bars, unwrapped
2 medium apples (Gala or Granny Smith work best)
1/2 cup of your choice nut butter (almond or peanut is recommended)
1/2 cup almond slivers
1/2 cup raisins
- Core each apple and slice into 1/2" rings.
- Spread the nut butter on top of each apple.
- In a food processor, blend 5 chewy granola bars together until fine.
- Mix almond slivers and raisins with granola bars.
- Sprinkle granola bar mixture over nut butter.
- Place another apple slice on top of granola to make a sandwich.
- Repeat until each apple is used.